Tuesday 12 November 2013

Casting Decisions!

In the days since my last post, I've been working on a short film going under the title "The Before". Having written a first draft of my script, my next step was to find actors who could assume this role. Therefore, I've taken the opportunity to take a couple of shots of who I plan to use in my short film and what role they'll assume...

Emily Poulton

Emily Poulton will be playing the role of the female protagonist in the play. I chose Emily for her distinctive red hair (as stipulated in the script) and the fact that she's adept at acting a variety of roles, which is needed for the character, who's both the aggressor and the victim in the short film.

Liam O'Reilly
 
Next is Liam O'Reilly, who'll be playing the role of the male antagonist. I thought he'd be suitable for this role, and I thought that him and Emily would have good chemistry on-screen, which is fundamental in making a quality short film.
 
Overall, I'm pleased with who's been cast in these main two roles; I'm still in the process of casting less significant roles, and will finalise these decisions prior to the pitch. It's good to put a face to each of the character's, and having cast my main two characters I'm looking forward to start shooting...  


No comments:

Post a Comment