Monday 18 November 2013

Feedback From My Pitch!

Last Friday, I successfully delivered a pitch detailing my plans for my short film, including a storyboard, a script, a rough draft of my poster, as well as a summary of my film's plot and meaning. I was really pleased with the way in which I presented my pitch; I felt as though I conveyed my ideas clearly, and in a way that my audience could actually understand, which was my biggest fear, given the complex nature of my story's theme and narrative.

I was given several pointer's to work from, all of which were minor things to work on, all of which were points that I agree with and am happy to adjust. The improvement's I need to make are as follow's:

-Change the film's title from 'The Before' to simply 'Before'; the punchy nature of the one-word title will have more of a lasting impact with viewers.

-Change the tagline to 'Every After Has Its Beginning'.

-Make the imagery of the rose, rocking horse and the preacher's more clear at the end of my storyboard.

-Perhaps add a drop of water to the rose, capturing a shot of it falling off the rose, symbolic connoting a tear.

As I've said, these are all things that are easy to change, allowing me to now focus of production. I'm pleased that I now have my idea sorted, and the foundations for my production are mostly there, with locations, props, cast and equipment for the most part sorted. I now look forward to making these adjustments, and working to begin production...

No comments:

Post a Comment