Friday 22 November 2013

My Storyboard!

As part of my presentation I had to create a storyboard, in spite of the fact that I'm terrible at drawing. However, this process was really important in order to bring to life the vision that I have of the short film, portraying the kinds of shots I wish to capture. Moreover, the storyboard forced me to consider the practicalities and logic of my script: how long each shot is going to go on for, how I'm going to transition from one frame to the next through editing etc. Consequently, I felt the production of this storyboard was useful to both myself and the others that I presented my storyboard to, allowing me to present my ideas for the film in a clear and thought-through manner. My storyboard can be found below:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 7

And Page 8
 In summation, I've the found the story-boarding to process to really be invaluable. It's forced me to look at my script in a more technical, practical context, making me more aware thean ever of sound, editing, camera angles, as well as timing of shots. It'll be great to use the storyboard as a visual aid when it comes down to shooting the film itself, and can act as a means of guidance as I know move into the production stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment